Friday, September 17, 2010

" For Colored Girls"

November  2010

I remember the first time I laid eyes on this play. It was showing off Broadway. I sat center stage.  I didn't move, maybe to blink both eyes. The props weren't bold and elaborate. It was well enjoyed; substance, brilliance, I was at "aw!"   It was just something a girl my age needed to see.  I was sixteen and you know the things sixteen year old girls go through. The title of this movie is called "For Colored Girls." It's based on Ntozake Shange's book, "For Colored Girls Who Considered Suicide when the Rainbow isn't Enuf." Never mind race being a factor, women sometimes feel like the world is coming down on them (and at times it surely is) and there is no way around the stress. I'm not going to get into details about women problems and non retributions, by giving away the plot. I'm just going to simply say rent the play or better yet support the writer, Ntozake Shange. You can get the book at amazon.com for $ 9.95. This trailer is "on point" and the cast is phenomenal. Please Enjoy!



Nina Simone "Four Women"
GREAT MUSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment