Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11/01

WHY?
Today is September 11th, 2010; nine years since the attack on the trade center. To tell you the truth, I don't know why I decided to make this an entry.  I was a mess. I was miles away from my family not knowing what could have been,  if I'd be able to speak to them again. Friends around me trying to make phone calls, professors and administrators rushing me out of class to tell me the horrific news.  And when all the smoke and ashes cleared, 2,996 people were judged before God that day. The United States of America; government, state officials and people who live here, before then, did not know true genocide. On 9/11/01, we felt 1/5 of what went on in Darfur, Rwanda, Srebrenica and Sudan. It's a blessing that we are the United States of America, that the government can lift us back up and help us some how. Our economy is at its worst since 1930, but we can still receive some type of support. You tell that to the poor people suffering in the slush that they call their homes. Third world countries never had it as good as we do. So instead of crying and cursing our lives. Lets thank God 8,000 weren't massacred between those twin towers.

“We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment